Fitting & Care
Important information-Universal Wet Seat cover
- Please read these instructions carefully before installation
- This seat cover suits front Bucket type seats with removable headrests only.
- Install seat covers exactly as described in fitting instructions. Incorrect installation may affect Side Seat Airbag operation resulting in injury or death.
- Note: For vehicles not equipped with Side Seat Airbags please fit the drivers side cover on the passenger side seat and vice versa. This allows for the side panel of the seat (door-side) to be
FITTING GUIDE FOR THE UNIVERSAL WET SEAT COVER
- Determine the side of the cover by locating the care label on the inside of the seat base cover.
- Remove Headrest from the seat backrest (Figure 1).
- Turn The Wet Seat cover inside out.
- Feed neoprene rod flap in between seat backrest and base (Figure 2).
- Roll backrest part of The Wet Seat cover over seat back and align to seat contours (Figure 3).
- Roll base part of The Wet Seat cover over the seat base and align to seat contours (Figure 4).
- Where possible, tuck base part of The Wet Seat in between seat base and plastic trimming (Figure 5).
Note: As the location of the headrest prongs vary between vehicles, headrest holes are not pre-cut into the Wet Seat covers. Please follow the below steps carefully in inserting holes into Wet Seat cover. Please follow the below steps carefully when inserting holes into Wet Seat cover.
Using 1-Inch Hole Punch
With the Wet Seat aligned to seat backrest, mark the location of the headrest prongs. Take the cover off the seat and place on a flat surface with the marked area facing up. Be careful not to have the seat cover folded over when using the punch. Using a 1 inch hole punch, punch holes in Wet Seat cover at the marked area. Once complete refit cover as noted in Steps 3-6. Once e-fitted, tuck the cut headrest holes under the plastic trimming
With the Wet Seat aligned to seat backrest, use your index finger and thump to locate the head rest prong position. Pinch cover and snip cover across about the size of a 10 cent coin (Figure
7). Once complete on both sides, tuck the cut headrest holes under the plastic trimming (Figure 8).
- Feed the hook & loop ties from the side to the back and secure. Be careful not to use too much force when pulling as the thread may come loose between the ties and cover (Figure 9).
- Figure 10 shows how the seat cover should look when installed (Figure 10).
- If you have also received front Tailor made Headrest Covers, please follow this step to install them. Turn the headrest cover inside-out and lay upside down on top of the headrest.
Proceed to wrap the headrest cover over the headrest by rolling it down evenly. To make sure the headrest cover is being fitted correctly, ensure the seams are aligned before rolling it down. Once fitted, attach the hook and loop tapes underneath (Figure 11).
- Re-install the headrests (Figure 12).
- Repeat steps 1-10 for remaining side cover.
Please follow the instructions below for the Care of your Wet Seat
- For light marks and surface dirt a damp cloth or a wipe is perfect.
- For heavier marks and stains machine wash your Wet Seat, set to cold wash, gentle cycle using standard washing powder. Dust off the covers first before putting them into a machine wash.
- For salt water, sand or mud also try to hose down your Wet Seat, cloth line dry in 1 hour (Ambient temp 20 degrees Celsius).
Vehicle specific fitting instructions for popular makes and models: